Great column ... As you keep in mind, online alternative monetary sources still account for a small part of total loaning, however the speed and accessibility of these loans will trigger them to continue to take a larger piece of the pie, to the benefit of all. And the excellent information is that even if there is a bubble developing, funds are coming from varied sources, into products that are entirely separated from one another, where threats are relatively transparent. This is a much different dynamic than exactly what you have with conventional banks.
Even in the post-too big to fail-era, facilities and administration at a standard bank is wasteful and not helpful to assisting small and mid-size companies. I motivate these borrowers to consider even more flexible non-bank choices, even if more affordable bank funding is offered to them. Ultimately, alternative loan providers will not be believed of as a last resort, however rather a somewhat more pricey however you-get-what-you-pay-for funding choice. Luckily, platforms like Lendio, Biz2Credit, and BodeTree are making it more useful for SMBs to think about these things.
- Banking, infra schemes made the most money last month
- The No. 1 thing you need in commercial real estate deals
- Alabama's Week In Real Estate (WiRE ending 7/9)
- Post-Brexit: How planning strategies for advisers must evolve
- Maintaining cash flow when the paychecks peter out
- Pro Surfer Cole Robbins Makes Waves in Local Real Estate Market
- New York launches new task force to investigate deceptive lending, real estate crimes